First Steps Early Childhood Learning Center provides quality Full and Part Time care for children ages 6 weeks - 6 years. First Steps Early Childhood Learning Center does not discriminate against children or parents from admission regardless of race, color, creed, sex, or religion. A child with special needs may be accepted based on the ability of the Center and the teachers to meet those needs. CALL US TODAY TO ENROLL YOUR CHILD (314) 293-9993.
Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Parents of Infants:
- Children ages 6 weeks to 12 months - Parents meet the nutritional needs of children under the age of twelve months. Morning snack, lunch and an afternoon snack should be provided for your child. Breast milk/Formula/Food should be ready to eat except for heating. ALL bottles and jars will be heated using a warmer and/or crock pot.
- Please be sure foods are developmentally appropriate for your child. Label all food items, bottles, sippy cups and pacifiers with your child’s initials. There are refrigerators in the infant classroom for perishables. The room also has storage baskets for each child for non- perishable food items.
- Perishable foods should arrive daily and be placed in your child’s room refrigerator. When a bottle is heated, formula and expressed milk may only be held at room temperature for up to one hour. After that hour, the contents of the bottle must be disposed. *Any unheated/unused Breast milk/Formula will be sent home at the end of each day.
- Parents supply all diapers and wipes. Each child will have individual storage baskets to hold supplies. Teachers will notify parents on their child’s daily record sheet when supplies need to be replenished.
- Read all about First Steps childcare's Infant Program.
Parents of Toddlers - Pre-Kindergarten:
- Parents supply all diapers and wipes. Each child will have individual storage baskets to hold supplies. Teachers will notify parents on their child’s daily record sheet when supplies need to be replenished. Children are required to be potty trained before transitioning into the Preschool classroom.
- Tuition includes meals and snacks for children ages 13 months - 6 years. First Steps Childcare Center follows the USDA Child and Adult Food Program guidelines. Monthly menus will be sent home, and posted for your convenience on the parent bulletin board. Substitutions may be made on the menu as the need arises. A social atmosphere is provided during meals. Tasting foods not eaten before are part of the new learning experiences available to children at First Steps Early Childhood Learning Center. Parents are responsible for immediately notifying the center of any food allergies.
- A nap cot will be provided for children ages 13 months – 6 years. The Center will provide an individual cot sheet for each child. First Steps Early Childhood Learning Center will clean the cot sheets each Friday, or as needed.