2 - 3 years old
Welcome to the Preschool program at First Steps Early Childhood Learning Center! Our classroom is bright, spacious and inviting. Various themed activities are planned each week to expose children to hands on learning and sensory experiences developing developmental skills as well as creative expression.
Small and Large Motor developmental experiences are a large part of a two-year olds play! Activities are planned both inside and outside to develop small and large muscle groups while learning to explore, share and interact with others.
Core Care Groups and Ratios
Parents can keep up to date with their child's daily routine through the PreciouStatus app that outlines his/her day, including diaper changes and meals, as well as sensory play and new challenges they faced. First Steps follows an adult to child ratio of 1:8 in the Two's Classroom at all times.
Preschool 1 Curriculum
All Two year olds seem to have one question on their minds: "Why?". At First Steps Early Childhood Learning Center, "why?" is one question we never tire of hearing! Our Two's Program centers on the thirst for knowledge that all young children have. Our State of Missouri approved High Scope curriculum emphasizes active learning - where children learn about how the world works through their own direct experience with people, objects, events, and ideas.
Potty training is one of the many milestones the two-year old room works on achieving. We start potty training when children show the signs of readiness and parents give us the go ahead. Click here to get the facts of timing, techniques and handling the inevitable accidents.
Sample Daily Schedule (Preschool 1)
Our classroom schedule alternates large blocks of child directed play with smaller blocks of group activities and teacher led activities. Our specialized outdoor playground carries our Two-year olds imaginations to new heights while encouraging cooperative play and offering exciting new sensory experiences.
- 6:30 - 8:30 a.m. Greeting and Organized Free Play, Diapering/Restroom
- 8:30 - 9:30 a.m. Circle Time Stories, Finger Plays,Music and Movement
- 9:30 - 9:45 a.m. Diapering/Restroom, Wash Hands
- 9:45 - 10:00 a.m. Morning Snack
- 10:00 - 11:00 a.m. Language and Literacy Activities
- 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. Outdoor Play or Gross Motor Activities Inside
- 11:30 - 11:45 a.m. Diapering/Restroom, Wash Hands
- 11:45 - 12:15 p.m. Lunch (Monthly Menu)
- 12:15 - 12:45 p.m. Clean Up and Story time
- 12:45 - 2:15 p.m. Nap Time
- 2:15 - 2:30 p.m. Diapering/Restroom, Wash Hands
- 2:30 - 3:00 p.m. Math Activities
- 3:00 - 3:30 p.m. Clean Up, Wash Hands, Afternoon Snack
- 3:30 - 4:00 p.m. Outdoor Play or Gross Motor Activities Inside
- 4:00 - 4:15 p.m. Diapering/Restroom, Wash Hands
- 4:15 - 5:00 p.m. Choice Time (blocks, dramatic play, art, etc.)
- 5:00 - 5:15 p.m. Clean Up
- 5:15 - 6:00 p.m. Closing Activities
Enrolling a preschooler at First Steps Preschool, read our preschool supply list for items you will need to supply.